Different musics, different countries

I just was curious to know if other people also enjoy
irannian classic music.
This is a ‘3 tar’ from a geinous musician.

And it would be fun to get familiar with other countries master peaces.
We did the same thing at a summer school and it was fun.:ok_hand::+1:

5 Likes

Beautiful! I’m going to go and download some more now. Any other recommendations?

Awesome, well I definitely recommend Mohammad Reza and Homayoun Shajarian (father and son) which are the most famous singers, Mohammadreza unfortunately passed away recently, people here really love them.

and last but not the least
“Santure” which originally iranian instrument and I am learning to play

cheers.

1 Like

Thanks @Ziaeemehr, this is very beautiful music, and what a great use of the #social category!

I’m useless to give any advice on German classical music, but here’s a German artist I really like, seeing him live on stage is quite an experience (or was, you know, when concerts were still a thing…)

It’s partly Piano, partly Electro, but I especially love the minimalistic piece “Hammers” at 39:50.

4 Likes

I can do the German one for you Marcel, this is one of my favourite composers.

Yeah, it’s all been downhill since the 12th century.

Here’s the best that England can do (16th century because sometimes I like to listen to something a bit more modern): :wink:

3 Likes

Hildegard von Bingen is not too bad but I cannot take anyone serious who places the peak of German music at any point before Bach :wink:

1 Like

It strikes me that Nils Frahm’s style is more similar to the repetitive, trance-like Iranian music than to the European classics. I’ve another central Asian favourite that fits into this category:

Interesting! The dulcimer is a common instrument in Swiss folk music, too, although I always find it frustratingly difficult to find good representations on youtube. Here’s a passable piece:

2 Likes

This thread is great - loving it!

Marcel, I think I’m unusual amongst mathematicians in not particularly liking Bach.

This is an interesting thread, let me present some Indian classical instrumental music also known as carnatic music

U Srinivas is considered a maestro in mandolin and was a child prodigy who was self taught. He is referred to as the Mozart of Indian classical music.

Kaliyugavaradan: This was also featured in the movie Eat,pray and love

Thillana is a form of rhythmic piece in Indian Carnatic music and is used in classical dance performances.

4 Likes

Loving it, thanks for sharing @touches!

Thank you Marcel! @mstimberg. I am really happy that you love the music :smile: